Women’s Action Forum are held at City Hall once a month. These are opportunities for women with diverse perspectives to learn, share research and information, make their views known and to contribute to City decision making.
- Since 2004 we have hosted over 30 Women's Action Forums, where over 150 women have prepared and presented their views such issues as recreation, transportation, housing, skills training and employment, child care and health care to Council members
- Action Forums are open and inclusive. About 80% of past participants shared their views publicly for the first time, ever.
Action Forums are a superb way to get to know the City and how it works. French language materials and interpretation are provided and women support and learn from each other.
Get involved in our Action Forums to:
- Learn more from our brochures in six languages about how city government works and why our votes count.
- Gain experience in delivering presentations and workshops to community groups.
- Learn about making city budgets simple by downloading our easy to understand materials on key issues.
- Inform and support women in presenting deputations.
- Use your creativity, by singing songs or presenting a skit to City Council.